Thursday, April 19, 2012

Catching Up

I have had a lot of things going since the last time I had posted. My in-laws all came in from Arizona. We had a great and wonderful visit with them. Also the baby was dedicated and then we went out of town for a few days. It has been very very busy but very very fun. I am now sitting here absolutely exhausted and ready for things to get back to normal. If there ever is such a thing as normal.  hehe! I saw alot of "old" friends this past week and they all told me that they read my blog and they enjoy it. A big huge thank you for telling me this. I am so glad that you come here to visit me and I have a huge get-up-and-go to keep posting new and interesting things.

This past week when I saw many different mothers with their children, sometimes I wonder to myself...am I doing this and this right. Am I being too overbearing in this area? Do I cause too much of a scene in this area? Do I give respect to my children? Do I speak to them in harsh tones? The question keep coming and I keep thinking.

I will just tell you now, I am a very very opinionated person. I always speak my mind and many many times it comes across alot harsher than I intend for it to sound. There are times where I warn my kids too many times and in reality they need to be punished on the second time of their disobedience. I just always wonder, do I do enough for my kids and give them a structured environment? Do I teach them responsibility and respect? I make up these charts or have these great ideas in my head and many times they fall apart. As I watched different people this week with their children, I wondered even more. Their children are not my children. Those parents are not me. I cannot pattern myself exactly after those other mommas. My children are not going to behave like those other children. Why? Because we are all different. What will work for me, will not work for the others. And what works for them may not work for me. I believe the most important things are to teach your children love and respect. And in order for them to learn this, it must be shown to them. Love them when they just need a hug. Listen to their very very long story of an activity in their life. Read them a story, even when you don't feel like it. Those dishes can wait and guess what they will even be there tomorrow. But our children are growing and growing. When they are out of the house then that's when we will realize that it's too late. We can't bring back the whiny voice begging to have a story read, or the dirty face coming to give a kiss, or the wiggly little boy who just wants to cuddle. I know that it is so hard. I struggle with this daily. I lay the baby down and say "shh, go play. I need to get a load of laundry done and dishes washed while the baby is asleep." I finish saying that and they go quietly away with their shoulders falling to the ground. I want my children to know and remember that mommy was always there for them to do the little things even when she had a MILLION things to do. Here is a link that I want to share with y'all. I follow power of moms and it is wonderful. This article really encourage me and I just want to share it with you Mommas out there. I hope that you have a wonderful wonderful weekend. If it's nice outside this weekend, I am throwing a challenge out to you. Put something on hold so you can enjoy the weekend with your wonderful offspring that God chose to give to you.
http://powerofmoms.com/2012/04/pursuit-of-the-perfect-plan/

No comments: