Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Before and After- Arts and Crafts Supplies

I had talked a few posts back about my organizing our arts and crafts supplies. I was so tired of the mess in my house. We had our supplies strung everywhere through out the house. Anytime the kids wanted to draw or color, we had to go on a search to find everything. So I decided to make a big leap and here it is from start to finish.


This is a book shelf I had in our dining room

I decided to take all of the books off and shipped them upstairs. I also sorted them as I took them off.

My little helper giving me a great smile

It was alot of work. It took me 2-3 days to get it all accomplished, but it sure did feel good after it was accomplished.
I kept this all in the dining room.

I put chairs in the corner for reading. The stackable yellow, red, blue bins are for soft back books.
The two books on top of the shelf are our favorite books. "I Love You Forever" and "If Only I Had A Green Nose"

The green canvas bins, and cups  came from walmart, the red,  green, blue bins came from dollar general and the basket I already had. I made the tags out of scrapbook paper and tied them on with ribbons.

This is a closer look. The bins hold scrap paper, puzzles, paints & brushes, markers & colored pencils,  crayons,  play dough, coloring books, pens, pencils

I love the new way. It has completely changed our life. The kids do their drawing and coloring at the dining room table and all they have to do is pull the bins out, use what they need and they put it right back.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Very cool! I love it when everything has a home - I still have a ways to go in this area. :-)