Monday, September 12, 2011

It's that time of year...

Fall is such a lovely time of the year. It's always so beautiful with the leaves changing and it is an awesome time of the year to take pictures. I took this picture a few years ago. No one lives in this house and it has that beautiful tree to the side of it. Looking at this always makes me feel so peaceful.
This week looks like it's going to be another busy week for us. With my normal household duties, plus there is pto mtgs at school, kids are going camping with my parents for the weekend, I have an extra client during the weekend too and still trying to put things in their places at our new house. I was trying to schedule some photo shoots this week, but it looks like the rain may have something to do with that. It's suppose to rain for the next three days.

It's also that time of year where it is time to clothe your kids for the winter. As I was unpacking, I looked at the kid's clothes trying to decide what it was that they would need for this winter. Since I don't homeshool and my kids go to public school, they have to have tennis shoes for gym which is once a week.  Madelyn loves to wear boots in the winter and so does Joshua. Normally I try to buy a really nice pair of tennis shoes for each child because they will last longer. This year I've decided to try to find their boots on sale by continually looking all the time for my right price and just buy them a cheap pair of tennis shoes at walmart for their gym time once a week. Both of the kids needed socks and I was able to get them a pack (6pairs) a piece at target for $5 a piece. Joshua needed jeans and I was able to find him 3 pairs at garage sales that were in very GOOD condition for $1 a piece. So I just had to buy him a couple more pairs that were $10 a piece. Very rare can I find them cheaper than that. Madelyn- what I try to do for her on skirts is just buy leggings at walmart for $5 a piece and place those under her skirts. By the time we get through the summer, her skirts are getting way too short, but are still in perfec condition. So just had leggings underneath the skirt and she is modest again and you don't have to buy a new set of skirts until spring.  My kids are really hot blooded so I can normally get them short sleeve shirts for $2 or so a piece and I normally just try to go with 5 so that will last them a week.  This year- Joshua's winter coat from last year still fits him (hopefully he doesn't go through a growth spirt) and it is still in very good condition. Madelyn needed a winter coat and I was able to find he a really nice NIKE coat that looks like it's hardly been worn, at a garage sale for $5 and it fits her perfectly.  I think where I'm at now is - Madelyn needs a few more pairs of leggings and her boots, Joshua needs boots and tennis shoes and then I think I'm done with both of them. I even have the baby clothes already through 6mo. old. I don't know if this was inspiring or not, but it inspired me even more as I was writing it.   :-)

No comments: