Monday, October 27, 2008

Youth Challenge weekend

Hello to everyone and hope that all of you had a great weekend. We had a busy weekend, but a great and fun one. We left Thursday to go to Youth Challenge. On the way, we dropped the kids off with Mom and Dad and then later picked them up on Sunday afternoon. My grandmother and her boyfriend were in on Sat. and Sun. We went to Mom & Dad's on Sun. to eat dinner with all of them and to pick up the kids. Madelyn & Joshua were definitely excited to see us since we had been away for four days. Today has been the great big unpacking, cleaning, laundry and spending time with kids day. I have done pretty good on everything, there are things that are not done, but I guess you can't always get everything done in one day. I thought I would take a picture of our supper tonight. I fixed sliced pork loin (I baked it with canned apples over the top of it with a little butter and white and brown suger. I did it in the oven on low for four hours), steamed frozen vegetables, homemade biscuits(my mom gave them to me on Sun.) with butter and apple butter on them. It was very delicious.
On our way to meet mom on Thurs. so she could get the kids, we passed this dead buck deer that someone had hit the night before. And guess what, Chris had to stop, he wanted the head. So while we waited for our friend to show up with a hax saw, this is what the kids did. They kept petting it and trying to lift it's head up. Ugh!


Chris and Travis Johnson helped with the 3 on 3 basketball game. Travis was the announcer and Chris watched the stop watch. They had alot of fun and there were some great games.

As always at Youth Challenge, we got to see alot of friends and people that we haven't seen for awhile. Our great, dear and best friends, Andy & Sharilynn Stroud.

There was one point before one of the services, I just happened to look over and saw Darrell III chowing down on this apple. I thought it was so cute.

The great Travis Johnson in the afterglow. :-) (I am sure he would just love to see this picture)

Madelyn's friend Gracie Stetler. Gracie was asking about Madelyn and wanted to see her. She is such a sweet little girl.


Okay we stayed at the Comfort Inn with choice hotels. We have never had a bad experience except for this one. The hotel was very unclean, we were not impressed at all and will never stay there again. We were standing at the elevator waiting for it to come to us and my brother-in-law just leaned up against this wall and the trim completely came off of it. This place was a joke. I do believe they need new management.

Me and Lizzie Stetler. It was alot of fun to get see you again and spend time with you guys. Can't wait to see ya'll again.

Me and Merillee Stetler/Luther. It was great to see you again and to spend time with you and get to see the baby. He is a doll and can't wait to see you guys again.

My grandmother and my dad.

My grandma and her boyfriend. They were looking at some pictures.

1 comment:

Jenna Dewhurst said...

lol that's really funny about the whole, "brother-in-law just leaned up against this wall and the trim completely came off of" thing!!! wow wish I was there!!!! many laughs to you and your kin...
-jenna